Many factors have driven the explosion in the number of imaging devices in our modern world. Cell phones typically have two or more cameras. Notebook computers contain webcams, vehicles are increasingly equipped with multiple image sensors, and the low cost of small CMOS image sensors has made it possible to mount miniature cameras on drones, gaming devices, home security monitors and wearable devices. The Internet of Things has driven this trend even further, and public spaces are rarely far from some form of networked imaging device.
Despite the proliferation in imaging devices, there is little choice when it comes to choosing a sensor chip. Only a limited range of image sensors is sold by a handful of semiconductor vendors.
Made to measure
Designers of imaging systems often have very specific requirements – for example, a specific size, pixel spacing, sensitivity or frame rate – which cannot be provided by the limited selection of CMOS image sensors on the market.
To fill this gap, ISDI provides a complete service for the design and production of custom image sensors. We specialise in small to medium size volumes, where the mainstream semiconductor sensor vendors cannot offer an economically viable solution.
Our technology portfolio includes:
- pixel sizes varying from 5 μm to 200 μm pitch
- 3-side butting on all standard sensors for tiling into large arrays
- Per-column On-chip ADC, 10 -16 bit
- pixel architectures from NIR to UV
- radiation-hard performance exceeding 100 kGy
- Unique linear pixel techniques providing dynamic range >90 dB
- Dual- or triple-well pixel architecture
- Dynamically assigned ROIs
- Non-destructive readout (NDR)
- Correlated double sampling (CDS)
- Proven designs in technologies 180nm – 350nm
- Back-side illuminated (BSI) sensors
- Fibre optic plate (FOP) bonding
- Complete camera/detector designs: Camera Link, GigEVision and USB3.0 connectivity
- Expertise in scintillator technologies